CrossFit AGOQ – Age Group Online Qualifier 2018
AGOQ 2018 is finally here! Top 200 in each age division were invited and now they have just 4 days to fight for top 20 spots to get invite for the CrossFit Games.
Below you can find 4 day plan that involves a few repeats of WODs you have under performed, good scores to beat for each WOD and little strategy guide to reach the top 20 in each WOD.
Good times/scores to beat are from the mobile app WOD Time Calculator, they are just estimates and should give you good idea of how good time/score you need. If you want to qualify watch for fitness level 100.
Also, if your category includes lighter weights or movements you will need to recalculate good times/scores in the app. Times will faster and scores will be higher for lower weights.
4 day plan for AGOQ
The best case scenario is 1 WOD per day with no repeats, just go all out and perform your best every day.
Probably, this won’t happen as 2nd tries are almost always better.
I would go for this order of WODs #1 -> #3 -> #4 -> #2 with repeats during the last day.
|Morning Session||Evening Session|
|Day 1||WOD #1||WOD #3|
|Day 2||WOD #4|
|Day 3||WOD #2|
|Day 4||Repeat one you need||Repeat #3 or #4|
CrossFit AGOQ WOD #1
- You should get slightly faster time than your Fran PR
- Best guys will have time ~2:00
- There is no reason to not go unbroken on thrusters
- Be fast on transitions
- Jump high on ropes
- Speed up during last 12 thrusters, you can rest later, every second can cost you a lot of points!
- Do this WOD first and repeat it as the last WOD of the weekend
CrossFit AGOQ WOD #2
- This WOD will separate the Games athletes from the top 200
- You have to know how to butterfly your C2Bs in order to fight for top spots
- I still think that there would be a few guys who will qualify with 5 sets of 5 kipping C2B but their rest have to be quick
- Go singles on power cleans and try to hold constant rest
- Don’t do this WOD at the same day as WOD #1, day 3 would be the best
CrossFit AGOQ WOD #3
- Use very similar strategy as you had for 18.3
- All movements are relatively easy, just keep moving and avoid no reps
- This one will be hard to repeat because of calves fatigue from double unders
- Day 1 or day 2 evening session will be great time for this WOD
CrossFit AGOQ WOD #4
- I think that even +7 rounds may be required to get to the Games
- This one is pretty straightforward
- HSPU should be quick and consistent, guys who will be able to do all sets unbroken will get a low of extra time
- Steady pace on the burpees except last 90 seconds where you should sprint
- Unbroken power snatches will be about the same fast as three quick singles
- This WOD can be repeated multiple times
- Go for the first try on the second day and for the second try on the fourth day